Vlc player is a portable free and open source media player developed by the VIDEOLAN project. It is available for a wide range of mobile and PC operating systems which includes Android, Ios, Windows phones, windows and Linux PC Operating systems. It was programmed in C, C++, Lua, Objective C languages together. This superb media player is available in 48 world languages. Today, I am about to share another wonderful service offered by this free media player which is “Free media conversion “. Some apps are specifically made for this feature but some are not free. Vlc player provides this service free.
How to convert media using Vlc media player:
1. Launch Vlc player and on the menu bar, click on media and select “Convert/save “.
2. Under the file tab, you will see two sections. Click on the “Add” button to add the file you want to convert by browsing for the file. Then click on the “Open” button.
3. Leave the rest as it is and click on the “Convert/save “ button or just tap “Enter” on your keyboard.
4. Select the destination folder, change the file name and end with .the preferred extension name. Eg: researchersportal.mp4 where “mp4” is the extension name, then select the desired video profile and click on the “Start” button.
5. The file will be played twice its speed and will be converted simultaneously in the background. That’s all! Your media file has been converted.
Note: To convert video formats to .mp3, select WAV as the Encapsulation inside the profile name.