Smartphones as has been earlier stated in our other posts are wonderful devices that perform multi-tasks. But, one of its problems is that its battery does not last long ie they don’t have endless battery life. A number of factors have conspired to pull down the life of our smartphone’s battery. Today, I am going to suggest ways to preserve our smartphone’s battery life.
1. Turn on power saving mode: This is a feature of Samsung phones and some other brands. This feature can be accessed from the phone’s settings. This can help preserve our smartphone’s battery life. Other brands that don’t have this feature can get it by using some battery saver apps like DU battery saver, Battery doctor, etc.
2. Adjust the brightness of your device and it’s screen timeout: The screen brightness of smartphones are power hogs and so, adjusting it will save the battery life. Setting the brightness to “AUTO” is not an option if you want to save your battery’s life because it increases and decreases it’s brightness depending on the rays that fall on it. Also, set your screen timeout to the minimum.
3. Get a maid: This means that you should get apps that can help manage resources and battery life on your android. Apps like DU battery saver, Battery doctor, clean master, etc help optimize battery life, clear junk files and optimize your RAM, etc.
4. Turn unnecessary hardware radios off: Hardware radios like GPS, WI-FI, Bluetooth, data connection, etc are great power consuming sources. Turning them off when not in use or minimizing their use will help save your smartphone’s battery life.
5. Do not leave it plugged in all the time: Overcharging your smartphone’s battery is not good for the battery. For Li-ion batteries, continuous trickle charging would cause plating of metallic lithium which could compromise battery safety.
6. Dumping unnecessary home screen Widgets and live wallpapers could also help save your smartphone’s battery life.