Our Laptop battery life is not endless. They begin to go down after a while. Laptops as we know are precious devices which help us in different activities which are so numerous to mention. Today, I am going to share some tips which I think will help save your laptop’s battery life.
Tips to save your lapto’s battery life:
1. Unplug external devices you are not using: External devices like USB mouse, external devices or speakers, etc are biggest drainers of battery power. Unplugging them when not in use can help save your laptop’s battery life.
2. Disable Bluetooth and Wifi when not needed: Hardware radios like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drain significant amount of battery life. Turning them off when not in use will help save your laptop’s battery life.
3. Clean the battery contacts: Cleaning the battery contacts with a cloth moistened with alcohol at least once every Two months will keep the power transfer between the laptop and it’s battery more efficient.
4. Run apps when needed: Programs that run in background use more system resources, therefore, allowing so many programs on at the same time will constitute large drop in battery life. Therefore, using one app at a time can help save your laptop’s battery life.
5. Defragment your hard disk drive regularly: This helps to arrange files closer together on the hard disk, which reduces the time taken for your PC to search for files.
6. Reducing your screen’s brightness level will also help conserve your laptop’s battery life