Have you ever tried to format a drive and the error “windows was unable to complete the format” error even though the drive shows in windows explorer?
Ok, I am going to share how to fix this error straight-away. Follow these simple steps below:
– – Right click on computer and select Manage
– When the computer management box appears, select DISK MANAGEMENT and all drives connected to your computer will show up.
– – Then, go to the bottom of the windows and right click on the drive name and select the “New partition or format” option.
Note: If this option is not available, when you right click on the pen drive, select change drive letters and paths, then remove the previous name and assign any other name which was not previously assigned.
– In the “New partition or format” option, chooseFAT32 as the file system and do not choose QUICK FORMAT.
– – Then, that’s all; your drive will be formatted and restored to its default state.
Some other apps can also do the job. An app like PartitionGuru can do it perfectly.