Hello friends, after my previous post on easy ways to tweak (change) IMEIs of MTK android phones, I got so many messages, emails and calls from people, asking me whether
IMEIs of non-MTK android phones like Samsung, HTC, and other smartphones with Qualcomm can be changed. After a long time of research and extensive reading, I found a very universal and easy way to change the IMEI of such smartphones.
During the course of my research, I saw several ways and tried many of them but they failed. Some required that the smartphone must be rooted, while some required internet connectivity. This simple way that I am about to share, requires neither root access nor internet connectivity. Just relax and let’s take it slowly……….
To start with, let me introduce to you the “Shortcut Master APP”. This is a very powerful application with which you can
change the IMEI of non-MTK Android smartphones.
It is absolutely free and can be downloaded from Google Play store.
Features of “Shortcut Master APP”
This application is a very useful tool for creating, capturing and searching things easily on your android Smartphone. This application was developed by VNDNGUYEN. It has awesome abilities which includes that it can view the EngineerMode of any brand of android Smartphone (both MTK and NON-MTK ANDROID PHONES). Other features of this application include:
1. It can create shortcuts of any hidden function or secret zone on your android Smartphone.
2. It can function as an application explorer.
3. It can be used to search for anything on your android phone.
4. You can export the favorite list of files to your SDcard for backup and can also be used to import and export files and applications FROM and TO other devices.
Having given a brief description of this application, let us now enter into the main business; relax and take a deep breath and let’s continue.
HOW TO CHANGE IMEI OF NON-MTK ANDROID SMARTPHONES USING SHORTCUT MASTER APP
1. Having downloaded the application and launching it, a screen like the one on the picture below will appear.
2. Click on the options button of your phone (the other button at either the right or left that is not the one for going back). The screen below will appear.
3. Select “SECRET CODE EXPLORER” and the screen below will appear.
4. Choose “SYSTEM APPS” and then wait until it finishes loading all your system apps. Scroll down till you see where “EngineerMode” is written as in the picture below.
Note: The numbers at the top ie (83781 from the picture above) must not be the same.
5. Click on the app or option that has the “EngineerMode” and something like what is seen on the picture below appears.
6. Choose “Launch 0” ,”Launch 1” or “Explore” from the options above depending on the brand of your smartphone (check all to know which one works for your phone brand) and immediately, the hard to get “EngineerMode” console will appear as shown in the picture below;
7. Scroll down until you see “SET IMEI” then, click on it. A screen containing your IMEI will appear from where you can comfortably change the IMEI of either SIM1 or SIM2.
8. After entering your new IMEI on any of the SIM SLOTS, click on “SET IMEI” and that’s all! The app will prompt you to restart your smartphone and that’s it, you have successfully changed the IMEI of your stubborn NON-MTK android smartphone.
Hope you enjoyed the article and it worked perfectly for you? Your comments are of great importance to us. Also, invite your friends and share this post to help others change the IMEI of their NON-MTK smartphones
…. Sharing is lovely and nice, see that you shared it with at least one friend