Within a few days, we would enter the month of December which is the month in which the most celebrated festive season is held – Christmas. Christmas is indeed the most celebrated season of all time going by the fact that so many observe this season; including non-Christians and also, many activities are held during this period.
During this period, we observe that some products are in high demand and we should leverage on this to make some money during this Christmas. Some, however, see it as a period to have some fun, rest, etc. but you can make some money while having fun…. Sounds great right?
As entrepreneurs, we ought to take advantage of any season we are into and make the most profit out of it. You might have been thinking – what type of business should I start this Christmas so as to make enough money?
That’s a good thought pattern as it among the characteristics of entrepreneurs. In this article, therefore, we would be looking at great business ideas that you can start and make lots of money this Christmas season.
Before we start it is important that we state that these business ideas are top-notch and we assure you that you will make enough money if you follow them diligently.
Business Ideas To Make Money During Christmas
1. Sell Christmas decorations
2. Sell wears and toys
3.Open a beauty salon
4. Tailoring and fashion designing
5. Become an event planner
6. Organize events
7. Become a freelancer
8. Start a blog
1. Sell Christmas decorations: In one of our recent articles, we discussed how to start importation business. If you are in a country where Christmas decorations cannot be seen or are not cheap, you can import them and then begin to sell them cheaper and make a huge profit.
Some Christmas decorations that you might want to buy include Christmas trees, Christmas lights, cards, ribbons, Santa wears, etc.
We advise that you check out the article to know more about importation (if you cannot buy Christmas decorations cheap in your country).
This idea will fetch you lots of money as you can open up a shop, and stuff it with these items or you can begin to supply to event planners, churches, restaurants, etc. and make some cool cash.
2. Sell wears and toys: during Christmas as we all know, children and adults buy new wears and you can leverage on this and make cool money for yourself this Christmas season. Children often cannot celebrate Christmas without new toys. If you have some cash, you can import fine wears or toys or buy them from a cheaper source, then you will be assured of some cool cash.
You can sell these toys and wears either to retailers or open up your own store for it. You might as well not be the one to run the store if you like; you can employ someone and then act as an overseer.
3. Open a beauty salon: although this is not a seasonal business, beauty salons make lots of money during Christmas. This is because so many people want to look good and presentable this Christmas. Starting this business does not mean that you should be the one running it, you can employ people who know how to make hair, fix nails, barb, etc. and then act as a manager.
If you know how to import, you can import cheap beauty products and sell them at your shop this period and watch people die to have them. Some products that you can sell include; hair conditioners, hair growers, body creams, and lotions, etc.
4. Tailoring and fashion designing: because Christmas comes with several events, people tend to get new trending wears. Opening a tailoring and fashion designing shop is a sure way of making lots of money this Christmas.
In some parts of Africa like Nigeria, people tend to make new clothes for different activities like traditional marriages (ashebi), white weddings, naming ceremonies, etc. and with this, you can make cool cash.
This business just like I have already said does not need you to be a fashion designer, employ someone and be the manager.
Also, you don’t need to own a store; you can be a middleman and still make cool money. I had a friend whose parents live in the Northern part of Nigeria and he schooled in the East. He acts like a tailor but is not a tailor. What he does is take measurements of people, go back to the North, give the contract to tailors there at a reduced fee, come back to the East and sell them at a very high price.
5. Become an event planner: Christmas season is characterized by lots of events; from wedding feasts to get-togethers, to meetings, Christmas carols of nine lessons, children party, concerts, etc.
If you wish to know what event planning means, an event planner is someone who creates programs with the aim of addressing the purpose or agenda of a gathering.
Such gatherings include but not limited to those mentioned above.
This is a very lucrative idea because you just need to get the approval from the organizers of the program and then, you mobilize your own team (it is advised that your team be made up of people with great skills like decorators, etc.).
6. Organize events: Christmas season is a time when people just want to have fun and enjoy themselves with their loved ones. You can leverage on this and organize events or parties during this period. In such parties, you could charge some amount as gate fees, sell stuff that you bought (like drinks, etc.) and invite artists and entertainers who will make the show fun and unforgettable.
With a well-planned event, you are sure of making lots of money apart from the capital used in organizing the event. It is also important that we state that this business idea might consume a lot of money depending on the size of the event you organize.
Some events that are ideal include; Carol of 9 lessons, children Christmas parties, sports (football, cricket, basketball, etc.) competitions, etc.
7. Become a freelancer: a freelancer is someone who is self-employed and does not engage in a particular work for a long time. There are online sites where you get paid to do some jobs for people. You can do virtually every digital related thing online as a freelancer; ranging from writing, graphics designing, translations, music production, voice-overs, counseling, etc.
There are so many freelancing sites that you can register with and make money this Christmas period that you probably have some free time. Some of these sites include Fiverr.com, Freelancer.com, upwork.com, peopleperhour.com, etc.
Find out which one works for you by researching about them, and then start making money online with your free time. This business obviously can be continued even after the yuletide.
8. Start a blog: so many people will tell you that blogging is very hard and time-consuming (has some elements of truth anyway), but starting a blog during this period will give you an opportunity of learning how everything works in the blogging world. You can make use of this free time to set up a blog, write articles and do some search engine optimization for your blog.
The truth still remains that blogging is a sure way of passive money. Some say it requires your writing articles by yourself which is a lie; you can outsource article writing and virtually everything in blogging. Starting a blog this yuletide is a way of ensuring that you make extra income passively although it might take a while for your blog to be known and for the money to start rolling in.
It is advised that you carry out proper niche research before creating a blog so as to know which niche is profitable, and to avoid blogging without focus.
Note: for all these business ideas mentioned above, you must not be the owner, you can act as a middleman and collect your own cut of the money.
Having discussed great business ideas to make money this Christmas, it is left for you to choose from the list the ones you can venture into. We would like to hear from you; do you have other great ideas? Let us know and we would update the list.
Make use of the comment session, share this post and help someone too.