It is pathetic how several accounts are hacked yearly because of the ease at which hackers guess passwords. Also, some webmasters worsen the issue in that they don’t enforce good password security measures on theirs registration forms. In this article, these patterns will be discussed in a bid to help people about them or change theirs if they already make use of them. The patterns are obvious and also easy to guess.
Password patterns to avoid this year 2018
1. qwerty: as complex as this may look, qwerty is easily used by most people and is the first six letters on the first alphabet row of any standard keyboard. This password according to work experience, is used by so many people and they use it thinking it is secured. If this is your password, go immediately and change it to avoid your account being hacked.
2. First name, nickname or moniker+101: as weird as this may be, this pattern has being I’m existence for so long. People tend to attach the number 101 to their usernames and make use of it as password. Some accounts are hacked because of this and so, to be on a safer side, never you use this pattern for your password.
3. Phone number + initials: this is also a common pattern observed in recent times. In a bid to pass the password strength test of certain websites, people end up making use of theit phone numbers and initials as password making them susceptible to hacks by ethical hackers that are familiar with this pattern.
4. Year of birth: this pattern has grown in recent times because of internet banking and ATM use. Because birth years contain 4 numbers, many tend to use them as passwords or pins for their ATM cards and other stuffs online. I personally have use this pattern for so many times and found out that someone was making use of one of my online accounts with me and so, had to change it. If you haven’t done yours, Better do that now and save yourself the danger of your account being hacked.
5. 1q2w3er: as hard as this password combination might look, it is among the trending password patterns used by people today. This password just involves interchanging the fore mentioned qwerty with 1234. I.e. writing them, taking one from each at a time. If this is your password, kindly change it to avoid loosing your account to hackers.
6. 1234567890, 12345, 11111, etc: this combinations are made use of by people who horridly create account or just wanted to use something they can remember. This makes it easy for hackers to easily guess and hack these accounts. Change your password if it takes this pattern for your safety.
Having discussed some password patterns to avoid this year 2017, it is also important for us to give out some password choice safety tips.
Password safety tips for the year 2018
1. Make use of words that are in no way related to you. I.e. words that cannot be traced to you, your friends, family members, etc.
2. Get an online storage space to save your passwords: getting to save your passwords online after making use of good password combinations is a right choice. Storage spaces like Google drive, Dropbox, etc. can be of great help. This is to ensure that you get them easily anywhere you go as far as you’ve got internet connection.
3. Log out of any device after usage: apart from your personal devices, it is advised that you log out of any device that you use to access any of your account to minimize the chances of your account being hacked or tampered with.
4. Get a password manager: there are premium softwares on the internet that can be used for password management. Search for them and make a choice for yourself.
5. Never make use of the same passwords for different accounts: this tip is to avoid the incedence of all your accounts being hacked at the same time. Making use of the same passwords for all your accounts can be so disastrous and so should be avoided.
6. Avoid phishing sites: phishing sites are sites that are designed to look like some well known sites and when you input your login details these details are sent to the hacker’s email address or stored online making it easy for them to manipulate your account. To avoid this, make sure you check the URL of any site you want to login to in other to make sure it’s the original site.
Over to you:
We’ve tried to list some password patterns to avoid this year 2017 and some password tips. It is left for you now to put them into practice and ensure the safety of your accounts online. You can tell us how you feel through the comment section below. Your comements are most welcomed. Stay safe, protect yourself online today.
Search recipes for this article
Password patterns to avoid this year 2017
Password patterns to avoid 2016
Mostly used passwords
Avoid this passwords 2017
Password safety tips 2017