Enhance your knowledge and skills in Sustainability Science by applying for this Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme. The grant is offered by the TWAS and the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) for the session 2020/21.
The study award will support students who want to undertake research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science.
An exciting opportunity that will help candidates with study cost plus other expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
The World Academy of Sciences is the world’s pre-eminent academy of sciences dedicated to the promotion of science in the South. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in the South.
Why should apply for the doctoral programme? By joining this program, students will learn great analysis and modelling skills, allowing them to gain a better understanding of the world around them. Sustainability graduates will go into many fields.
- Provider: IsDB and TWAS
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, Yemen
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields (please refer to the guidelines for details): Sustainable Agriculture, Education, Education for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy, Sustainable cities, Responsible growth, Waste management, Population growth, Green chemistry, Biodiversity, Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics, Water and hygiene
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- They must hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme
- Age up to 45 years
- They have preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Candidates must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided
- Students must be employed at an institution in his/her home country
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must have to register themselves in a postdoctoral degree program at any university in South. After registering they can apply for the grant through the online application submission.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide an official letter from their host South African institution, department or laboratory and motivation from the applicant’s host. It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the respective institution to apply for acceptance and English language proficiency certificate.
- Admission Requirements: For studying this program, you must have a master’s degree in a field relevant to sustainability science
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
The fellowship award will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research. It will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.
The selected scientists will receive a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.