DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Global Investments the Senior Manager Business Development:
• Drives and manages investments in port projects globally.
• Generates business and investment opportunities in port projects globally.
• Leads the creation of quality bids, tender documents and similar, and manages the negotiation process with ministries, port authorities, local partners and other relevant stakeholders.
• Provides leadership for the continuous (financial) evaluation of investment opportunities, develops business cases, prepares financial models and performs feasibility studies to obtain shareholder approval for port investments.
• Networks to build and maintain strategic relationships towards further business generation, and assists with business development through public relations, events, media and engaging with stakeholders including joint venture partners, government authorities, shipping lines and consultants.
• Assists with legal negotiations towards deal closure.
• Assists, together with project team, with the initial implementation of secured projects.
• Assists with the creation and management of Government relations and assists with policy lobby.
The right candidate is an engaging and focused commercial executive, who has a strong understanding of the port business and a proven track-record of successfully securing concession agreements.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• At least 8-10 years of working in a Business Development role within the port business
• A degree in marketing or sales from a reputed institution
• Entrepreneurial, with a keen eye for business opportunities
• Excellent business acumen, high energy and drive
• A result-oriented negotiator
• Must be able to demonstrate exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships
• In-depth understanding of financial concepts and financial models
• Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English. Fluency in French and / or Arabic and/ or Spanish is advantageous.
• Must be ready for significant (25%) travel domestically and internationally. Frequent travel to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
All applicants are required to submit to a complete background check and medical examination as a condition of employment. Only candidates that have successfully passed both checks will be eligible for employment.
For more information, send an email to [email protected] or apply directly below.